Is Your Company Suitable for an AIM IPO?
- Generating at least £2 million ($3 million) of annual revenue
- ‘Growth oriented’, defined as growing revenues and/or profits by at least 20% per year
- Minimum opening market capitalization of £10 million ($13 million)
- Doesn’t necessarily have to be profitable but must have a very clear path to profitability
- Valued using 5-year DCF model, revenue multiple, EBITDA multiple and/or P/E ratio
- International scope (sales and/or operations), current or post IPO, preferably U.K./E.U.
- Outstanding management team with a demonstrable track record
- Solid Board of Directors, or the ability to formulate one during the IPO process
- Willingness and ability to be subjected to an appropriate level of due diligence
- Sound internal controls and good corporate governance, or willingness to put in place
- Reasonable valuation expectations, taking a 3 - 5 year view where the IPO is the beginning
- High quality professional advisers, companies are judged by the company they keep
- Appreciation of the obligations an AIM-listed company has to all stakeholders